Q: My daughters 2012 Hyndai Elantra's check engine light came on. I took it to auto zone to check the error code - P7011. Transmissio

Check engine light on. Had it checked. p7011. Transmission temperature sensor. Drives fine. Expensive fix? Can I drive it as long as there are no performance issues?

This is not an answer I can answer since the code P7011 is not an accurate or listed code for this vehicle. If your code was P0711 then this is correct code for problem with the internal transmission temperature sensor. This sensor is an important sensor for the transmission and may be indicating a bigger problem if the transmission is actually having a problem and it is not just the sensor. The sensor is part of the internal wire harness of this transmission and would require replacement of entire internal harness. I would not recommend driving it this way since if the transmission does overheat or have an issue you may damage transmission since sensor cannot detect problem. Another concern is once the check engine light is on for this P0711 code it will not go out and if any other problems arise with the engine or transmission you would not know it since light was already on.

3. My daughters 2012 Hyndai Elantra's check engine light came on. I took it to auto zone to check the error code - P7011. Transmissio