Q: P0089 code, fuel pressure regulator performance low. Went into limp mode, then next morning no start

asked by on March 02, 2017

I took it to local independent garage and they are saying it is the fuel pump and that all 6 injectors have to be replaced. I can see the pump, but all 6 injectors going out at once? What are the chances of all 6 having to be replaced at one time on a 2013 with only 36,000 miles?

After doing a little research on your particular situation, it looks as though this is a fairly common problem with this model of vehicle. I would suggest contacting your local dealership about the situation due to the fact that I am getting conflicting information as to whether, or not, there is a possible recall for this problem. It looks as though this particular code could be set by the fuel injectors, due to the design of the fuel system employed on this model. Not to say that the problems couldn’t be caused by a bad fuel pump and/or injector combination, but it would be worth contacting the dealership to see if repairs may be covered by them. The simple answer to your original question is yes, it is possible that one or more fuel injectors could be a problem that is causing this trouble code.