Q: Loss of engine power. 2007 BMW 335 xDrive

asked by on August 30, 2016

Several times already, my car has lost engine power while I was driving at usual speeds. This happened out of the blue as the dashboard hasn't been showing any warning lights on. I went to the dealer and he had the fuel pump replaced the first time. However, this kept occurring. What else might cause this?

Hello. There can be several causes for a vehicle to lose power. It is possible that the crankshaft position sensor or camshaft position sensor have an intermittent problem. There could also be a problem with the mass airflow sensor being dirty or failing. Another possibility is a bad fuel pressure regulator or faulty fuel injectors. In order to have the problem found and repaired, I recommend having an expert technician inspect the engine loss of power firsthand. From there, the correct repairs can be made.