Q: car wont start. displays starter disabled

Car won't start. Lights. Stereo all works. Displays started disabled.
My car's mileage is 190000 miles.

A: Hi. This might be due to the theft deterren...

Hi. This might be due to the theft deterrent system being activated. The key for you vehicle has a coded chip that is programmed to your ignition switch. If the switch fails to recognize it, it will think you are trying to steal the car and disable the ignition. Sometimes, you can reset the system by manually locking and unlocking the door with the key. If this does not work, reprogramming the key is another option, but usually these things only work for a short while. The usual repair is to replace the ignition switch. This will require the key to be programmed to the new switch for proper operation. If you need further assistance, I recommend you have a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, inspect for other possible electrical problems your vehicle may be encountering.