Q: Front brakes locked up. Replaced all but ABS pump/module.

My front brakes are locked up and pedal is super soft/no brakes at all. I have replaced all including the ABS sensors expect ABS pump. Flushed all the old fluids. What could it be? Truck is not abused is not even used for work just regular comute. 5.3L crew cab/1500. Year 2005, stock no mods.

A: If the front brakes are locking up you need...

If the front brakes are locking up you need to open the bleeder on a caliper to see if the wheel can then be turned. If you can now turn it then you may have bad front brake lines that hook up to the calipers. If the caliper still does not release when you open the bleeder then the problem is with the caliper piston or the slides are seized.

If you're unable to pinpoint the issue yourself, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can diagnose your brake system firsthand and help you fix it accordingly.