Q: Check hybrid system warning light

I stopped the car when the warning yellow light came on. It said to check the hybrid system and to pull over at a safe place.I need to know if I can make it 200 miles to the nearest dealer.

Hi there. The Check Hybrid System warning light covers a lot of different systems, ranging from the coolant system, battery and even the drive system (transmission and wheels). As long as your car is not displaying any rough driving symptoms, or as long as the engine is not overheating, you should be OK to drive to your location and have the vehicle inspected by a professional mechanic.

3. Check hybrid system warning light