Q: I have a 2000 Toyota Corolla. I keep losing oil and it's not leaking on the ground. I changed the spark plugs and found oil on the

asked by on March 09, 2017

I changed the spark plugs and found oil on them. Is that the reason why my car won't hold oil?

Hello, thank you for writing in. While there are several pathways for oil to get to the spark plugs, the most common is the valve cover gasket, and the o-rings located in the spark plug wells. One or both of these can be failing. Also consider the amount of oil you are loosing. If you are having to add oil daily, you may have a more serious issue coinciding. Heavy oil consumption is typically associated with a head gasket leak. Only further inspection will tell. If attempting this from home, you will want a repair guide to walk you through any of these repairs. For more help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.