Q: Do all brake rotors need to be changed at the same time?

I need to replace my brake caliper, pad, and rotor on my 2009 Ford Taurus AWD. I know that when one brake pad needs to be changed, you have to replace them all. Does that also apply to the rotors? or can I replace just the one?

A: Hey there. You do not need to replace all 4...

Hey there. You do not need to replace all 4 rotors at the same time, but it is recommended to replace the rotors and pads as a set for each axle front or back at the same time. If the front brakes need to be replaced but the rear brakes are not worn out yet, then you do not need to replace the rear brakes. The rear brakes will last at least twice as long as the front brakes will last. When it comes to replacing calipers you can replace only one at a time as needed. If you are looking to service your brakes, a certified professional from YourMechanic can perform these repairs at your home or office.