Q: How do I turn off the wrench shaped light on the dash

asked by on November 25, 2016

The light came on and I don't know how to turn it off

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

You will need to have the vehicle computer scanned and diagnosed by a mechanic like one from YourMechanic that can come to you so you do not have to drive the vehicle before having the vehicle checked. The light means there is a problem that needs addressed now. Until the scan is done it cannot be determined why the light came on. The computer scan by the mechanic will retrieve the stored codes and then diagnose the codes to give you the reason the light came on. It could be a minor problem like the gas cap was left loose or can be one of the computer sensors have gone bad and need replaced. Only the test will direct the mechanic to a problem area and the pinpoint test for the code will give a proper diagnosis and needed repairs.