Q: If I replace the intake manifold gasket, is any computer reset involved?

I want to replace the intake manifold gasket on my 1998 GMC 1500 Sierra pickup my self. Is there any computer work or resets involved, as I don't have any diagnostic tools?

You should not have any kind of computer reset unless your check engine light is on now. If it is on now then you would still need to have it checked and cleared after doing the {intake manifold gasket.](https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/intake-manifold-gaskets-replacement) You can have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic come to you and check and clear the check engine light on for you.

3. If I replace the intake manifold gasket, is any computer reset involved?