Q: Lost power while driving. Wont crank. Check engine light is on.

Lost power while driving. Wont crank. Check engine light is on.

Hello, thank you for writing in. There are several systems that may be malfunctioning. You should narrow in on the charging system first. Have your battery and your alternator checked. This can be done at home or at your local automotive parts store. Also make sure the battery’s cables and ground connection are all clean, dry, and tight. If the charging system checks out, turn your attention to the check engine light. You may be able to scan the diagnostic codes that have set the check engine light. Only further diagnostic testing will tell. For more help resolving the issue, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. Lost power while driving. Wont crank. Check engine light is on.