My car will not go forward. lights 2005 parking/emergency...

Q: My car will not go forward.

The back tires seem to be stuck on the parking brake. I can go in reverse, slowly, but the car won't go forward at all. The parking brake stick moves up and down, but doesn't seem to be releasing the brake.

The parking brake cables or the handle linkage is binding. The other possible problem could be the rear brakes bound up inside the drums. The mechanic would have to release the brakes by the adjusted if the binding is found to be inside the rear drums. My recommendation is to have the lever checked to see if it is releasing the cables and then check for binding cables to each wheel.