Q: Car overheating and problem with staying running

Changed waterpump, thermostat, radiator, transmission oil cooler lines, radiator hoses, temp sensor, thermostat housing car still runs tho 210 220 n i cut it off it dont really want tho biked bubbles. now my car cranks runs for few sec and cuts right back off. Could a battery cause this. I replaced free months ago crank sensor, power steering pump, front oil seal, oil pressure, spark plugs n wires, o2 sensor, cleanned egr, throttle body, n all sensors.

A battery can’t cause this. An overheating engine is due to a problem with the cooling system and the cooling system alone.

If it is overheating and won’t run, this is unfortunately a bad sign. Replacing the water pump and thermostat is a really good thing to do in this situation. It may not have been necessary, but it is definitely the most effective way to rule out thermostat and water pump issues.

Based on your description, there are two possible causes;

• Blown head gasket (Most likely cause)
  • Intake manifold leak into the cylinders

If it is running this bad with a blown head gasket, you should see a lot of white smoke or steam coming out the exhaust. This maybe the case with either failure actually. There are a couple things I would need to know to accurately diagnose this issue.

• Does the cooling system hold pressure?
  • Is there white steam coming from the exhaust?
  • Did the overheating precede the car not running?
  • Where are you getting the temperature reading from?

I recommend booking one of our technicians to pinpoint down the overheating problem.

Good luck.