My car temperature drops as i drive and heats up when i'm...

Q: My car temperature drops as i drive and heats up when i'm stopped

asked by on December 14, 2017

My heat will not stay hot it cools down as i drive and heats back up wen im at a stand still.

It sounds like your car needs a new thermostat. The thermostat is a valve that blocks the circulation of the coolant until it reaches a certain temperature. Then it opens just enough to regulate the engine temperature. Thermostat replacement usually isn’t very expensive and you can have it done at your convenience by contacting YourMechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to replace your thermostat right there on the spot.