Q: Engine is getting fuel to filter but don't know if it's getting to the injectors?

asked by on June 19, 2017

I just replaced my fuel pump,fuel pump assembly, and fuel filter but when I try starting it, it just keeps cranking. So I got some starting fluid and it starts with that but dies when I stop spraying. I took of the hose connecting to the fuel filter to see if I'm getting fuel through the filter, I'm getting fuel from there. So my question is what do I do from here to figure out why my car won't start, I also checked all my fuses and relays and their all good and have power going to all of them, what do I do now?

If you have tested the fuel pressure and it is OK, you know that fuel is getting to the injectors. So the question becomes whether the injectors are tripping. That can be determined by placing a stethoscope against the injector while a helper cranks the car. you can hear if the injectors are working. If your car runs on the starting fluid, then it must not be delivering fuel for some reason so my guess is that they are not. Diagnosing that condition takes a pretty thorough knowledge of the fuel injection system, so if that is not you, you should have a professional take a look. You can have that conveniently done by contacting Your Mechanic. They will send a technician to your home or office to check out your Nissan and let you know what it is going to take to get it starting again.