Q: Battery Light came on after jump starting another person's car incorrectly

Today, I tried to help someone with a dead battery. The jumper cables were properly placed on my vehicle, but theirs were placed backwards. The jumper cables began smoking slightly, so we turned off both cars immediately and removed the cables. The battery light indicator in my vehicle turned on while the cables were connected. Both vehicles seems to be fine and started after the incident. The battery light in my car is no longer on. Could there be any additional damage to my vehicle since my cables were attached properly?

A: Hello. Your battery light likely came on as...

Hello. Your battery light likely came on as a result of additional draw or amperage from your car's charging system. Keep an eye on your charging gauge, but you should be fine. If you notice that you are having further problems, have the battery inspected by a professional in order to have any corrections made.