Q: Engine light On and car jerks from 2000-3000rpm

So i first noticed the engine light On 9 months ago and a diagnostic was done which showed a faulty O2 sensor. Then the car jerks only in the mornings for about 5mins then it stops. Two months ago the frequency and duration of the jerks increased and another diagnostic was done and it showed a faulty cam sensor bank 1. I had a mechanic replace it and it disappeared only to reappear midnight. Another diagnostic was done n it still showed faulty cam sensor bank 1. What could be causing this and what can i do??

Continual failure of the camshaft sensor may suggest that you have some bad wiring leading to the plug where the cam sensor is plugged in. The internal circuitry and the wires that connect the sensor to power and to the car’s engine control module (ECU) can also burn out. A short circuit or an open circuit in the sensor will make it fail to give a reading to the ECU. If the wires burn out, the sensor might not be receiving power for the electromagnet, or it might not be transmitting a signal to the ECU. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and repair your camshaft sensor wiring.

3. Engine light On and car jerks from 2000-3000rpm