Q: Car shifts if I drive at a slow rate of speed. Won't if I drive a little faster. Speedo works, transmission issue or speed sensor?

The car shifts easier when driving slow, once I drive normal it has a harder time shifting if it does at all, I've herd of its a bad sensor the speedometer would flicker or not work but my speedo works just fine. Check engine light popped up I got a code read for PO715 (turbine shaft speed sensor) some tell me to replace speed sensor others say to replace transmission. I need help finding out which step to take. Only reason I assume it may not be speed sensor is because everyone is telling me the speedometer wouldn't work if that was the case. Is it still possible if the issue is the sensor even though my speedometer works correctly?

There is a technical bulletin from the manufacturer to replace the powertrain control module and then re-testing the vehicle to see if the problem continues. If it does then try and flush out the transmission and if the problem still continues then replace the transmission. The bulletin seems to suggest taking a trial and error approach to find which part of the transmission is failing. The transmission is most likely slipping internally and this is the reason for the code. If you need assistance with this, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose you gear shifting issue.

3. Car shifts if I drive at a slow rate of speed. Won't if I drive a little faster. Speedo works, transmission issue or speed sensor?