Q: When I turn the switch to use a turn signal, a buzzing sound starts and it may blink once every 8-10 seconds

asked by on March 05, 2017

When you use the arm to indicate if your turning left or right, a buzzing sounds start buzzing. The buzzing sounds buzz for 6-8 seconds and the turn signal light will flash once and the buzzing continues until you turn it off

Hazard / Turn Signal Flasher Replacement $90.98 - $228.97 Get a Quote

Odds are you have a faulty signal/hazard flasher relay. Although the relay is an electrical component, the internals are basically mechanical. The relay does just what the name implies. It relays power and the signal from the signal switch to the bulbs. relays can go bad with age. Sometimes they will not function at all. Sometimes they will blink fast, sometimes they can just make a buzzing sound. The relay is typically mounted under the driver’s side dash or directly in the fuse box. There may be a few different relays for other components but it’s easy to find. Turn the ignition to the On position and move the signal stalk to either left or right. You can even just turn the hazard lights on. Listen and feel around the different relays for the buzzing or switching on and off. Simply unplug it and plug the new one in. If you are unsure, a certified technician can diagnose and replace the flasher relay if needed.