Q: Loss of power when passing a vehicle and going up hill.

Noticed that the car was struggling to overtake and build up speed after I slowed down behind the car. Also when going uphill I keep having to change down to get up the hill

Hi there. Sounds like the clutch is slipping. As the vehicle is demanding more throttle and forcing the vehicle to drive faster or push the load of the car up a steep hill, the clutch could be slipping making the vehicle seem to have a loss of power, but it really is loosing grip between the engine and transmission. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose your clutch.

3. Loss of power when passing a vehicle and going up hill.