Q: I have a 2003 nissan murano. I cleaned throttle body and cleared service engine soon light but my car still doesn't has no power

asked by on November 19, 2017

My 2003 nissan murano has no engine power. I did everything under the sun to it from cleaning the throttle body and air intakeno no power, changed out the flex pipes,still no power, even did the sea foam thing still nothing. What can I do.

The diagnostic trouble code that caused the check engine light to set might provide some clues as to what is going on. If all codes are now clear, though, if you apply a real time scanner and look at key engine operating parameters, you will likely get an indication of where the fault lies. Generally, loss of power on acceleration is due to plugged fuel injectors, faulty oxygen sensors, fuel pump and/or filter, vacuum leaks including that caused by a faulty EGR system, ignition system malfunctions, bad valve timing if the timing belt or chain is worn or skipped, blocked exhaust (e.g., catalytic converter fails or become clogged), a faulty airflow sensor or throttle position sensor, and so forth. To pinpoint the exact case will require an engine loss of power diagnostic. If you request that diagnostic, the certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.