Q: I got a quote for $900+ to replace two thermostats, 2 hoses, and flush the radiator. Is there 2 thermostats? Is this kosher?

It is a 2009 Jeep Patriot that is overheating.

Hi there. Yes on the 2009 Jeep Patriot there are two thermostats. There is a thermostat for the main engine cooling system and a thermostat for the cylinder head cooling system. If you need assistance with changing out the thermostats, then I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

Billing question is sent to CS for the rate quote that you have received for the cost of replacing the two thermostats, the two radiator hoses, and a radiator flush on a 2009 Jeep Patriot.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr