Q: Security lights are on after I just had new keys made 6 weeks ago

The security light will come on. Sometimes it'll stay on, sometimes it will go out, but when I re-start it, it's back on. Does the key have something to do with it? Also when I try to start it, it would click at least 4-5 times before it will start. New battery, new starter was put in last year and alternator was installed back in 2005. I had everything checked and everything is good

Hi, thanks for writing in. It sounds like you might be having issues with your theft module. It is also possible that you could have some sort of wiring issue related to your security system. I would recommend having your theft module tested using the manufacturer’s recommended procedure by a certified technician who is proficient in theft diagnosis. After this inspection has been performed, you will know if your theft module requires replacement.

3. Security lights are on after I just had new keys made 6 weeks ago