Q: Battery keeps blowing fuse.

I need to start. I thought the battery was dead, so I replaced it with a new one and it arched when I started it up, blowing the main fuse. I replaced the main fuse and it arched again, blowing the replacement. I had the cables hooked up correctly.

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

It sounds like there is an electrical short in your starting system. The power needed to start your vehicle is not traveling its intended path. This power may also be traveling to a circuit not meant to handle that much power therefore blowing the fuse. I would recommend having your starting system inspected for any wiring faults. Have the technician look at all the wires closely for any cuts, frayed ends, or missing insulation that could possibly cause this issue. Have the technician check any grounds found in the system for good connections and remove any corrosion found.