Q: Rough acceleration and sputtering

My truck starts just fine, but once I’m driving, it roughly accelerates like it’s sputtering. Once I’ve driven a while and the truck is warmed up, then everything is okay. I’m thinking the problem might be the fuel pressure regulator. I have the new part for it, but need a diagram exactly where it is and how to get to it. I do a good bit of my own auto repair, but having trouble with finding where it is on my make/model. Could you send me a diagram or give me some steps to find it? Thanks.

A: The regulator is mounted to the fuel filter...

The regulator is mounted to the fuel filter housing where the fuel line goes in. You may have a bad injector or two that is causing the problem you are having. The injectors on these engines had issues that are causing them to not operate and intermittently cause the misfire or rough running. I recommend having a technician from YourMechanic inspect your car’s rough running issue. If necessary, they will be able to replace your fuel filter and make any needed repairs for you.