Q: Code 0132 and 0138

asked by on November 24, 2016

I am getting codes 0132 and 0138 (o2 sensors) but i have changed all of my o2 sensors and i reset the code, but they still come back. I also occasionally get code 300. My car starts up and shakes while its cold and shuts off shortly after i start driving also. (only when cold) could it be the throttle body or egr valve?.

Hello. Codes like these can be tricky, because they give us a warning that the voltage readings are out of range, but they do not tell you why. The high voltage reading is showing that the air/fuel mixture being processed is rich, or heavy on the fuel. If there are no other codes providing more information on the fuel system running rich (which it should if its truly a problem), then you will be looking at an electrical issue. The oxygen sensors in your vehicle should be heated oxygen sensors. This heating element uses resistance to create the heat, and this resistance being wacky may be the cause of the code. You will need to perform some more tests to verify this, but if the engine thinks there is a fuel rich mixture, it will try to compensate for it and cause the driving issues you are having. Have the heating element in the circuit checked and go from there.