Q: Steering wheel shaking

asked by on February 10, 2016

My steering wheel is shaking.

Steering wheel vibrates or shakes Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The speed must be taken into consideration, in order to properly diagnose a shaky steering wheel during driving. A shaking or vibrating wheel at low speed may point to a problem with tires, or with bent/broken suspension components. On the other hand, vibration at speeds reaching 50+ mph can be caused by an improperly balanced wheel and tire assembly, or faulty steering components. Vibrations that only happen while the brake pedal is applied most likely involve the braking system, where the brake rotors may be in need of service. Have a trained mechanic, like the ones at YourMechanic, run a full diagnostic on your shaky steering wheel, and recommend the best path to repair.