Q: Car sputters when 1st press on gas

Recently had catalytic converter replaced and 3 weeks later oxygen sensor replaced. Shortly after car sputters when press on gas. Acts like it wants to stall out. I've done gas treatment but didn't resolve issue. Do you think it the fuel pump or could it be bad oxygen sensor that was installed?

You should have the computer tested and fuel pressure tested to help isolate the problem. You may have a fuel or ignition related problem that needs to be isolated first. The igniter or coil may be not supplying enough spark for the engine to accelerate properly.

If you need some help with getting this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come diagnose the sputtering issue firsthand for an accurate repair.