Q: Truck overheating

My truck has gone 75,000 miles. A couple of years ago, I had the thermostat replaced with a new one because it started having issues. Last year, the overheating issue occurred again. The temperature gauge indicates that the truck is overheated. It shows that the operation is higher than usual and the engine shows signs of it as well. When I took it to a mechanic, he ran all the tests and analyses with no apparent cause for the vehicle overheating, Do you have any idea what is the cause of this and what I should do? Thank you.

A: Check to see if the cooling fan clutch is f...

Check to see if the cooling fan clutch is fully engaging when the engine is heating up. You can test this by putting a tissue in front of the radiator or condenser to see if the fan flow is strong enough to hold the tissue to the radiator. If it's not sufficient enough to hold the paper then replace the fan clutch and retest your cars overheating symptom. If you feel like you need help with this, get some help from a certified mechanic. They will be able to diagnose your overheating issue and fix it accordingly.