Q: Is it worth fixing

My cadillac escalade overheated and died. Got it started but now check engine light is on, code for cylinder 4 misfiring. Fluid leaking out front end . whole truck shakes when running. Overheats. What could it be and is it very expensive to fix?

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in about your ...

Hi there, thanks for writing in about your 2000 Cadillac Escalade. If you overheated the engine until it died, then you may have damaged the engine internally on cylinder number 4. Your water pump is most likely the part leaking. Internal engine repairs can be difficult to repair and are usually costly to fix. To get an accurate assessment of the damage, consider having a mobile technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your car's site to diagnose the overheating problem and determine the extent of repair that is needed.