Q: hit a pot hole and suddenly my steering jerks violently to the left

asked by on June 30, 2017

I recently was driving to my little brothers school so he could use my car to drive and earn his license, when driving I must have hit a pot hole and then suddenly I hear a skidding sound from the passenger side and my steering wheel is jerking to the left hard. I also hear a high pitched noise that almost sounds like high speed wind but it stops when i stopped moving i was wondering if it was a pinon or tie rod issue?

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. When a pot hole is hit, there are several problems that can occur. In some cases, the wheel will bend, wheel bearings can become damaged, or steering and suspension components like tie rods, CV joints, struts and strut mounts can also become bent or damaged. Since there are so many possible issues causing the noise and driving issues you are experiencing, it is probably a good idea to have a professional mechanic complete an onsite inspection so they can isolate the source of this problem.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr