Q: IF ITS THE THROTTLE BODY CAN IT B CLEANED (REMOVE CARBON BUILDUP) ?

REDUCED POWER LIGHT IS ON , TRUCK RUNS BUT HAS NO POWER ONLY IDLE. FROM REVIEWS SOUNDS LIKE THROTTLE BODY,CAN IT B CLEANED??

The throttle body can be cleaned, however prior to doing that the cause of the loss of power should be diagnosed. In particular, check to see if the OBD-II system has stored any codes that might give clues as to the origin of the problem. If there are codes you should follow up on those as that will likely get you the fastest resolution. Alternatively, you can request an engine loss of power diagnostic. To give you an initial idea, although there are many possibilities, a partial list of causes for the reduced power warning light would include oxygen sensors, fuel pump and/or filter, vacuum leaks, ignition system malfunctions, bad valve timing if the timing belt or chain is worn or skipped, blocked exhaust (e.g., catalytic convertor fails or become clogged), airflow sensor malfunction, throttle position sensor malfunction, and so forth. Whatever the cause, if you request the engine loss of power diagnostic, the certified mechanic will get this resolved. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. IF ITS THE THROTTLE BODY CAN IT B CLEANED (REMOVE CARBON BUILDUP) ?