Q: Shaky and jittery ride making this car less usable

I have had multiple rotors warp in my 2009 Honda Pilot, causing the whole car to shake and vibrate violently down the road. I don’t know if it's the design of the brakes causing the problem or if the brakes are just defective. In the 42,000 miles I’ve owned my car, I have replaced 4 rotors thus far, two of those on the front passenger side. What can I do to stop this?

A: The rotors on Honda Pilots are prone to get...

The rotors on Honda Pilots are prone to getting warped due to heat build up from normal braking conditions. Honda has no recalls or bulletins to fix the issues you have been experiencing. There are multiple aftermarket manufacturers of brake pads and rotors which say they run cooler than the original manufacturer's brakes. Some of the aftermarket companies offer a 3 year, 36,000 mile warranty on their parts. There are too many different aftermarket companies making rotors and pads, so it would be hard to recommend just one. It comes down to choosing a quality rotor and pad to get the fix you desire. If you pick cheap, inexpensive parts then expect the problem to be like the OEM parts from the manufacturer. A trained mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, can perform a brake safety inspection to diagnose the problem and make any repairs needed.