Q: Clutch sticks at first engagement & also at high RPMs

The clutch pedal recently began sticking when I am first pressing on it. It sticks even more, the higher the RPMs climb. I have seen online that others with my make/model are having this similar problem, but I can’t find any details as to what causes the problem. Could you please tell me what is causing this?

A: Hello. The problem you are experiencing wit...

Hello. The problem you are experiencing with your 2005 Honda S2000 is likely due to a leaking or sticking slave cylinder. Slave cylinders commonly develop leaks over time and suck air into the hydraulic passages. In fact, I just replace one the other day on the 2012 Nissan Sentra. Your issue will more than likely be the clutch slave cylinder, but it could also be the clutch master cylinder or clutch release bearing. If you want to have this diagnosed, a certified mechanic from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to inspect your clutch and advise you on a repair.