Q: Key remote is no longer working

My key's remote is no longer working. I think it's the battery. How can I get it fixed? Do I need to have it done by the dealer?
My car's mileage is 95 miles.
My car's transmission is automatic

A: Your remote has a battery in it that should...

Your remote has a battery in it that should last a few years without replacement. You should have a battery number on the back of the remote marked in the case. If not then the case has to be opened to read the battery needed to replace it. You can purchase this battery in most stores. The battery can then be replaced by placing the new one in the same position as the old. If you do not feel comfortable doing this, then you could have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, replace the key battery for you during your vehicle’s next service. This way, you are not having them come out to just put a battery in the remote.