Q: Why is my car making a howling noise and blowing smoke when I accelerate? 2009 Mazda CX-7

When I accelerate my car revs high but struggles. There is a continuous howling noise while accelerating but disappears as soon as the rev drops at about 70km/hr and each time I accelerate, there's whitish smoke from the exhaust that smells like burnt oil

Hello - there may be multiple problems contributing to the smoke and noise symptoms you are experiencing. The exhaust smoke you notice could be worn or damaged turbocharger seals, or worn piston rings, allowing oil to reach the hot exhaust. The howling sound may indicate your transmission is not shifting up to higher gears as designed, due to speed sensor or throttle position sensor issues. I would recommend an engine/transmission inspection](https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/smoke-from-engine-or-exhaust-inspection) by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

• Why is my car making a howling noise and blowing smoke when I accelerate? 2009 Mazda CX-7