Q: I keep hearing a popping/clunking sound on the right front passenger side of my truck near the right tire.

I have a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 rear wheel 2WD. I keep hearing a popping/ clunking sound from the front right passenger side of the vehicle near the tire. The sound is not constant. It happens sometimes when I turn in either direction but not all the time. Also occurs sometimes when driving straight for spurts. Some days it doesn't happen at all or it stops after a couple of minutes.

The sound might be related to a worn suspension component. From what you are describing, it should be fairly easy to pin down with static testing (e.g., ball joints should only move "so much" during a test). To pinpoint the exact part, though, will require an on-site inspection. If you request a vehicle noise diagnostic, the responding certified mechanic will definitely find the origin of the noise. There are many, many components in the suspension that could account for the noise, some are not expensive to repair and all can be repaired right at your location. Thus, I encourage you to seek out the diagnostic and then with the mechanic’s advice and explanation, you can decide how best to handle it. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. I keep hearing a popping/clunking sound on the right front passenger side of my truck near the right tire.