Q: Q: What does the brake Warning Light mean?

What does the brake Warning Light mean?

The brake system Warning Light is located on your instrument panel, and can come on for three reasons:

1. The parking brake is engaged.

2. The brake fluid is low.

3. The brake system is malfunctioning.

If the illuminated light is accompanied by a buzzer, then the issue is the parking brake. Release the parking brake, and the light should disappear. If the light is not accompanied by a buzzer, you should have your vehicle serviced as soon as possible.

Tip

Like all warning lights, the brake Warning Light briefly illuminates when you turn the car on. The light is only a problem if it stays lit when the engine is turned on.

3. Q: What does the brake Warning Light mean?