Q: Can't shift out of Park

asked by on February 09, 2016

The column shift handle is broken, and I can't shift out of Park.

Car does not shift from park to drive Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello. In this case, there can be many possible culprits, ranging from a failed brake light switch to a broken shifter mechanism. Since you noted that you have a faulty column shift handle, it would most likely be best to just replace the column shift handle. I would have a certified mechanic inspect your gear shifting issue to give you a proper diagnosis of your car.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr