Q: Car engine sounds like vacuum cleaner.

asked by on February 19, 2017

Hi there. My timing belt broke recently. Usually valves get bent so we replaced it en new timing belt. We have put everything together but when we try to start enjin the car sounds like a vacuum cleaner and doesnt even sounds like its going to start. Polo playa 1.4. What can be the problem

Noise from engine or exhaust Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

The issue sounds like the timing belt is put on 180 degrees off making the exhaust the open when trying to start and the intake open when trying to compression. This will cause a vacuum sucking sound as the vehicle is starting. If the timing belt is on in the correct timing settings, then the head gasket is not set in properly and is causing the compression to escape. If you need further assistance with your engine sounds, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.