Q: When putting car in reverse heard a Big Bang and car won't move now not even in neutral

asked by on April 28, 2017

Car seems like it's stuck in a gear. And then when we shut it off and turned it back on tried to go in reverse heard a Big Bang now car will not move. Not even in neutral.

Not able to change gears Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. There are several things you will need to look at or have inspected. First, we need to look at the transmission itself, where the linkage from your shifter connects and switches gears on the transmission itself. Make sure the linkage is intact and connected. You may also want to try and manually put the transmission in neutral. Make sure the parking brake is on. If you are unable to get a response from the transmission manually, then your transmission may have failed. When it comes to the complicated automatic transmission, you should seek professional help beyond this point. Contact our service department for more help from our technicians.