Q: RPM going crazy, car won't move

asked by on December 07, 2017

The car has no problem at all starting, but as soon as you do turn it on, while it's still in park the rpms go crazy. It goes up to about a 2 or higher. Now it won't move, it won't click into gear. When you press on the gas the rpm and the mph move but it just won't go.

Car is hard to shift Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi Ronica. Thanks for contacting us today. It’s quite possible that you have two different issues causing the overall hard to drive problem. The high RPM is caused by either a vacuum leak or an idle control valve failure. This can cause the transmission to have difficulty shifting into any gear if it’s too high. However, it’s also possible that a different transmission issue is causing the shift issue. I think the best way to attack this problem is to have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete a car is hard to shift inspection. This way the mechanic can inspect your car to determine what the best course of action would be.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr