Q: Car overheating all of a sudden.

asked by on December 21, 2015

My car started running hot all of a sudden. How do I fix this overheating problem?

Car is overheating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

First I would check your coolant level. Let your vehicle cool down and look in your coolant pressure tank. It should have a mark that tells you where the full level is. If it is low you have a coolant leak that needs to be fixed. If the coolant is full the most likely cause is a failed thermostat. This is a valve that regulates the temperature of the coolant by opening and closing at a certain temperature. If the thermostat gets stuck closed the coolant will not flow through the radiator and cool your engine down. I would suggest you get some help from a mechanic to find the root cause of your overheating issue.