Q: 2005 mini cooper s is parked and wont go into reverse gear. All of the other gears work except reverse.

asked by on August 03, 2017

2005 mini cooper s is parked and wont go into reverse gear. All of the other gears work except reverse. I was able to pull out of my house this morning. drove to work, parked. tried reversing and gear would not go in

Hello, thank you for writing in. The transmission may be having one of several issues. The shifter can become unaligned and need to be adjusted or replaced. The gearbox can also become damaged and misaligned, which also warrants them to be adjusted or replaced. While it could be something more simply like a hydraulic fluid issue, this is more unlikely considering the history of these transmissions having similar issues. Only further inspection will tell, and you need to seek help from a transmission specialist. Contact our service department to schedule an appointment with one of our technicians.