Q: My car won't start; the lights work, but the radio doesn't

Our 2001 dodge stratus started fine, a couple hours later it wouldn't start at all. Tries jumping it, still wouldn't start. The lights work radio doesn't and makes no noise when trying to start.

A: Hi there. It appears as if you might have a...

Hi there. It appears as if you might have a battery that has lost it's cranking amps and thus can't start your car. Over time, the battery in your vehicle will wear out, causing it to lose amps but still have enough volts to power some accessories. My suggestion is to either replace your battery, or, to be certain that the battery is the issue, contact a mobile technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to complete an inspection and diagnose your starting problem so you can verify what's actually wrong with your car and get the right repairs.