Why when I went to check my oil the stick was full of oil...

Q: Why when I went to check my oil the stick was full of oil like the whole stick

asked by on July 23, 2017

What could be going on went too check my oil and the whole rod was full past to where it's to be reading .and when I drive it it makes like humming noise then like it won't shift sounds like to me it has the check engine light on and Napa said Cadillac converter help plz

Hi there. When you first remove the oil dipstick, it will typically be covered with oil. This is why the correct procedure is to wipe the excessive oil off the dipstick, reinsert and check the oil level after that. In regards to the warning light, and the humming noise, to correctly diagnose this problem it’s best to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete an onsite inspection to determine exactly what’s causing these symptoms.