Q: Broke down on the highway and had towed to a Buick dealer. They diagnosed and replaced the catalytic converter.

I drove it 25 miles and the check engine light came on. Brought it back and they said the new converter is bad. I suggested from the beginning that the muffler could be plugged. What are the odds of a new converter last 25 miles. Car drove ok.

It is possible that the new catalytic converter is bad. Sometimes, when the converter comes apart inside, it can get into the muffler and cause it to be clogged.

• Broke down on the highway and had towed to a Buick dealer. They diagnosed and replaced the catalytic converter.