Q: Car making spinning, rattling noise

When started, the car makes a loud spinning, rattling noise, accompanied by the smell of something burning. I've also noticed that the spinning noise increases the faster I go. In addition, the car smells like gasoline, and the AC/heater have not been working. Finally, water leaks into the floorboard of the car.

A: The first problem I think of is spark knock...

The first problem I think of is spark knocking or pinging. This is when the combustion of the air/fuel mixture in the cylinder does not start off correctly in response to ignition by the spark plug, but one or more pockets of air/fuel mixture explode outside the envelope. It is possible that your fuel pump is going bad as well. I would recommend having a certified technician come out and perform a tune up on the car. This consists of changing the spark plug and wires, air filter, and cabin air filter. I would also recommend having your fuel filter replaced as well. As for the water leaking on the floor, we need to determine if it is engine coolant or if it is condensation from the evaporator under the dash. If it is just condensation then you just may have a drain that is clogged up under the car and can be easily unclogged.