Q: What does the electric power steering Warning Light mean?

What does the electric power steering Warning Light mean?

The electric power steering Warning Light is located on the instrument panel. When this light illuminates, there is a problem with the power steering system, and the system will automatically shut down. When the power steering shuts down, it will be much harder to steer your vehicle. If you are not comfortable driving without the power steering system, pull over immediately and schedule a service. Tips The electric power steering Warning Light will illuminate when the vehicle is first turned on. The light is only a problem if it stays lit after the engine has been turned on.