Q: Steering wheel hard to turn

Oftentimes my steering wheel becomes stiff or hard to turn for a second or two while driving. I recently replaced the power steering pump and added the right amount of fluid. I'm not sure what to do next. Please give me some advice. Thank you very much.

Most people don’t know this but your steering and your brake booster have a lot to do with each other. Often times if you pump the brakes while trying to turn you will experience stiffness. If this is the problem you may want to look into getting your brake booster replaced. If you’d like, a certified technician from YourMechanic can replace this part for you, as well as diagnose other issues that may be happening. I hope this answers your question and helps you get your car back on the road.

3. Steering wheel hard to turn